Tylcham develops and publishes social games for the web and mobile devices. “Tylcham,” or “we” or “us” refers to
content, tylcham.com and/or the other domains provided by Tylcham, together referred to as “Services.” This Privacy
- what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
If you do not want Tylcham to collect, store, use or share your information in the ways described in this Privacy
Policy, you should not play Tylcham games or use Tylcham Services.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like
If you play Tylcham’s games or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our
Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, Tylcham may receive certain
information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the
Tylcham game you’re playing, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’
privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, Tylcham may collect and store some or all of the following information provided by the provider of the
connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like
your name and profile photo;
- the user ID numbers and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with Tylcham.
If you access our Services from a third-party application or connect our Services to a third-party application, you
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party
application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
- local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game
preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain
kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International
Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or Tylcham user ID.
technologies as described below in Third Party Advertising Including
Tailored Advertising and Analytics, and those practices are subject to those companies’ own
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out
of Cookie Tracking.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play Tylcham games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts (as further described below in “Information About Your
- information about Tylcham and other third-party apps you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to
Access, Update and Manage Your Information.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
When you use our Services (whether through a social network or through Tylcham directly), you may give us
directly (like when you’re setting up your account) and we will store that on our systems and use it for the
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may
be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your
Facebook profile), that other Tylcham players can see. Your player profile may include information like:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (like your age or age range);
- approximate location information that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network;
- details about the games you play; and
- a Tylcham player ID number that is created by Tylcham and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your Tylcham profile will be publicly accessible on Tylcham’s websites that offer direct
Tylcham games, including:
- The Tylcham player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
Your Tylcham player ID number used to identify your account and player profile will appear in the URL of your
profile page. It will only allow access to information you make public in your settings.
About Your Contacts
We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your
contacts on Tylcham and invite them to join you in our games or other aspects of our Services. You are responsible for
getting your contacts’ permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get information
about you from other Tylcham users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information
to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow
the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a
password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
You may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not
just with Tylcham, but also with other Tylcham players. These include:
- participating in player forums and message boards;
- posting public comments to other players’ profiles or gameboards;
- sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail
- chatting with other players; and/or
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these
communications, comments, photos and drawings on Tylcham’s servers to make use of them to protect the safety and
well-being of our players and Tylcham’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to
operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of
analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If you purchase a license to use in-game virtual currency or virtual items in a game you play on Tylcham, our
third party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges.
This may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. Tylcham does not collect or store
financial information, like credit card numbers. However, Tylcham’s payment processors may share non-financial
information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to
fulfill your order. Tylcham may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase
processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in a game you play on
a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms
relevant to our charges, billing practices, third party credits and virtual currencies. Please note that purchases
of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third party information providers. We use
this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect
or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other
uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Tylcham players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Tylcham’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or
managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce
our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Tylcham, we will
use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments
from friends, let you know about in-game status such as “crops ready” as well as tell you about gift and neighbor
requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We
may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional
Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each
Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not
intended to specifically identify you, for example, players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco)
and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing,
analytics, and advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we will share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other
words, parties other than Tylcham) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the
With your consent, we may share your information with third parties or allow them to collect your information from
Friends and Other Tylcham Players
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most Tylcham games, if you play
through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network
friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many Tylcham games,
other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions
of your game activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your
name or a “game name” and your profile photo. Other players may also be able to
send you game requests.
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless
you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of
information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to
specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and
de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by
showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as
behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to
improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies
and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Tylcham or the
social network through which you are playing Tylcham’s games.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Tylcham
may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to legal process (for
example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to
report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of
fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of
you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of Tylcham and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Tylcham games or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that is hosted by an offer wall provider. The offer
wall allows third party advertisers to provide virtual currency to players in exchange for interacting with an
advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those
advertisers. These offers are not made by Tylcham. These offers may be shown to you based on certain technical
information, like your geographic area or de-identified demographic information. After clicking on one of these
offers, you will no longer be on a site hosted by Tylcham or the social network through which you are playing Tylcham’s
games. To properly credit player accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your social
network ID or Tylcham player ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
Third Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing
payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us
in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually
require these third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them,
and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our
Sale or Merger
In the event that Tylcham undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of
all or part its assets (like selling a game), we may transfer all of your information, including personal
information, to the successor organization in the transition. We will make reasonable efforts to let you and other
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile
To manage the information Tylcham receives about you from a third-party application where you play our games, like
Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and
changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an
app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your
mobile device’s “settings” page.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to
your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device.
You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will
prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” Further, depending
on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital
Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of
cross-app data for tailored advertising. These mobile opt-out tools
are provided by third parties, not Tylcham. Tylcham does not control or operate these tools or the choices that
advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within Tylcham’s games even if you
opt-out of tailored advertising but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated web sites or apps.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Tylcham cookies are
necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from Third Party Services, which are companies other than Tylcham
that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy
practices or the content of these Third Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third Party
Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Our websites and games are not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal
information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use our websites or games at any time. If we learn
that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to
promptly remove that information from our records.